Friday, February 23, 2007

The Cowboy Dance





So, some of you might be familiar with the annual FFA Boosters Dance in Angels Camp. Pretty much the annual cowboy ball (not ball feed). After MANY years of missing this infamous event, I decided nothing would solidify my AC reunion than some good 'ol honky tonk fun.

Now, to acquaint those of you who are not familiar with this such event... it consists of a HUGE tri-tip feed, garlic bread, creamy dressing-drenched, iceberg salad and cream 'n bacon green been casserole. And for those of you who know me at least a little well, you know this all fits PERFECTLY in my beef and grease diet. What fit even more perfectly in my food pyramid was the DIVERSE and CHEAP intoxicating beverages. Somehow, I managed to wing free refreshments all night, and that was greatly needed for the following events.

On top of gorging myself in the feast, there was a lovely raffle and dance to follow this fine dining experience. Although I failed to purchase any tickets to this raffle, I happily walked to the front of the crowd to claim some free fake 'n bake tans, chocolates, coffee and mints. Luckily, I didn't actually walk home with such amazing winnings.

Now, to the climax of the evening. A live band serenaded us with a mix of classic rock, oldies and Garth Brooks. Yes, the Garth really puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Here are some pictures to illustrate my night. It was great fun! Welcome home, miss Betsy, welcome home.

No comments: