Sunday, February 25, 2007

SoCal Detours







Ok, let's be honest here, I've had a couple detours...an opportunity and interview came about in Santa Barbara, AND a certain special someone has had quite the influence on the trips as well. To bring the last couple of months into perspective, I must include such joyous escapades, especially the last week that I spent down south soaking up the sun!

As St. Valentine's Day approached, cupid shot me with his huge arrow...straight to SB. The clouds cleared up north and a breath of fresh air floated me down south. I had a great interview and a new opportunity has arose to move back south...oh, decisions. I feel fortunate to have been presented with options, but now am more confused than ever!! ha, go figure...such Gemini luck.

Despite decisions, some debauchery was in order. It was good to see friends and reminisce about SB paradise, but it was mostly paradise to see Hutch. Thanks for such a great week, Hutchy! With the rare sunshine, a hike to seven falls and virgin rock climbing squeezed their way into our schedule. Yes, I attempted to climb a rock. Scary shit. Luckily, I had a fantastic coach. Seven Falls was awesome. I love the cold, creek water...reminds me of home...here up north. Unfortunately no pics that day, but here are a couple of that big rock...and the partial view from the big rock. Pictures are nothing when you're 50-100ft up, clinging for your life, even if your on a rope. i know it doesnt look like much, but hell, i want to see YOU do it.

Then, of course, no weekend in SB is complete without a trip to Elsies and a black out... wait. Maybe minus that last bit. oops. Whit! You crazy bitch! Wish you were there, Dod! You best be there the next Black Sunday!

Well, until next time, SB...Ill be needing to take a trip to LaLa land soon anyway...Meg, Mauwk, Ash, Adama and Kaliya are due for a big visit. I miss you all! Muah! Muah! Muah!




No comments: